australianplanet.com
we are in
AustralianPlanet
australia's search engine

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Raising the steaks

Last day of work, so tonight (Friday) I'll have to pack like a maniac and get everything in my wife's tiny car. I leave tomorrow for Sydney, where I'll spend Saturday afternoon in a recording studio doing two songs for the production. My wife will follow later in the big car with the trailer full of food for the cast and crew, who now number about 30! Everyone, it seems, has an assistant or two - I think the Yowie should get an assistant, just a small one, who could attend to her wardrobe and catering needs ('I'll just have a banana, thanks - Oh, and did you get the carpet shampoo?'). Scheduling hiccups have been more or less ironed out, though one of the days will be 12 long hours on set. The cast did a read-through last night and it all seemed to go well - or at least so I'm told, because I haven't actually met any of them yet. My friend N from New Zealand is flying over tomorrow to help with catering. A small newspaper in the Blue Mountains has heard of the project and wants to do an article. We'll have to keep the Yowie away from them though, as we don't want to reveal her in her full glory. Except on this blog, of course, oh lucky readers. I think we have all the props. A couple of scenes may be a bit spartan; the art department asked if I had had a newspaper printed up, a faked, complete newspaper, so Bill can 'read it' on camera without copyright issues. I'd never thought of such a thing and anyway it would be far too expensive. I suggested a 1956 Illustrated London News instead - being more than 50 years old no-one can complain about copyright - blow me down when I opened the 1956 ILN I just happened to have and there was a full article on 'Candidates for the Yeti' with pictures and all: a bear, a langur, and so on. Bill reading this with interest would really fit well with the story. We have primed a few extras to turn up in the pub at 8am and pretend it's a jolly evening - they've got to have Yowie Tshirts, cameras.. and zinc on their noses. A wonderful friend of ours who owns a limo company has agreed to take people up and down the mountain - talk about arriving in style! Not me though, just the writer, folks, ignore me please and get on with your important business - realising the vision.

No comments:

Post a Comment