australianplanet.com
we are in
AustralianPlanet
australia's search engine

Saturday, May 9, 2009

And all the clouds...

Bad news then good news. J the director emailed to say he'd suddenly lost his job - probably a victim of the world economic downturn. Very abrupt. Companies treat their employees in such an inhuman fashion these days - clear your desk and bugger off - no notice needed 'cause you're a subcontractor (for which read: we've made sure you're not an employee so we will have absolutely no obligation towards you). I was devastated, for him as well as for me - he probably wouldn't want to do Yowie now. I facebooked him cautiously. After a couple of days there came a response - yes, I'm on for the Yowie, was a bit down - nothing that a beer wouldn't fix. I replied: Have one for me. Prosit.

I decided to tell J the new director absolutely nothing about the previous director, so that any ideas for the script that J came up with could not in any way be claimed by the previous director as being his ideas. He'd already claimed that he had put significant numbers of ideas into the old script - Kylie and I had then gone carefully through and expunged completely anything that could possibly have been contributed by him - in fact they were few and trivial. Anyway, we'll see what J comes up with in the new Yowie era.

No comments:

Post a Comment